Blog Archive

Friday 22 February 2013

Better now and made a cake!

Had the flu at the beginning of the week but God healed me (Thank you God). Realized i haven't been putting myself into what have been blogging. Well, all that is about to change. I believe, i need to go back to the bases of things. When i lose myself, going back to the bases gives me perspective and also help me in reorganize myself! 

Well, back with the "well"! Well, couldn't sleep due to coughing. Listened to Gospel songs (Hillsong Albums). That's all i listen to, when doing anything. It calms me and it makes me feel grateful and actually, think or should i say reflect on what have been doing for the past few days. Back to the main story. I have got a cooking Apple Tree at the back of my house. So, turned the back lights on, wore my wellies. Went out and started picking cooking apples. Got six apples. Two for baking and four for Poached Apples with Chocolate sauce, that's for another day!

Now to the recipe and this recipe wasn't mine originally but have amended it a bit.



Ingredients.
2 - Eggs
175 g - Caster sugar
1 tsp - Vanilla extract
85g - Butter
75ml - Milk
125g - Plain flour
1/2tsp - Ground cinnamon
2 1/4tsp -  Baking powder
2 - Cooking apples, peeled and cored
75 ml double cream

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Line the sides and base of an 8” tin with parchment paper. Using an electric whisk, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until the mixture is thick and mousse-like and the whisk leaves a figure of eight pattern (5 minutes).

2. Melt the butter in a saucepan with the milk, then pour onto the eggs, whisking all the time. Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and fold carefully into the batter so that there are no lumps of flour. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
 Arrange the apple slices over the batter. (They will sink to the bottom.) Sprinkle over a tablespoon of sugar and bake in the oven for ten minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4 and bake for a further 20–25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.

3. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool. Serve with whipping cream or ice-cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment