Blog Archive

Saturday 12 October 2013

Desserts are good for the soul!

Hello again people, need to give you a quick story. We had a pray night on Thursday at my church but before i get into that! I am going to give you a quick Almond Brittle recipe. It is very easy to make and now i can tell you my story leading to the prayer night.

I made two red velvet cakes without the red colouring and added extra things to the recipe. The cake came out velvety and 100% moist. Then i started to think after i ate an "8"  cake all by myself. I couldn't do that to myself again! So, i decided to make a dessert for my team and take it for the prayer night. Kept the dessert very simple. Melted 600g of White Chocolate and whisked it into 500g of Cream Cheese and 2tbsp of Icing Sugar. Sliced my cake into half, soaked half of my cake in coffee and started layering it all up. For an extra kick, i broke Peanut Brittle on top of the dessert . Wished i had taken a picture of that too and oh, i promised you a brittle recipe!

                                                   Food, good for the soul!

Ingredient
Nuts - 100g
Sugar - 100g
Butter - 50g
Salt - 1/2tsp

Method

1, The whole process takes 6 minutes to cook and 30 minutes to cool. Don't make a big force about it. Before you start, brush your oven tray with vegetable oil. You don't want too much oil, a table spoon will do.

2, The next step, get a sauce pan, pour in the salt, sugar and butter. Let that melt  and stir (making sure all the sugar and salt is dissolved) for 3 minutes. then leave it and let it caramelize for 2 mins. If you are adding nuts. Add nuts into the mix at that last minutes.

3, Take off the heat and gently spread out on the oiled tray and let it cool for about 30 to 40 minutes. 

There you have it, told you it was that simple,lol!







1

No comments:

Post a Comment